24 July 2013

So Many Projects

This afternoon, my husband walked into my studio, and I tried unsuccessfully to tell him about all of the projects I've undertaken as of late. A friend of mine told me that she is so good at coming up with projects and getting them started that she could do that for a career. I remember thinking when she told me that that I am quite opposite, always finishing what I begin, but I was lying to myself. I may finish projects, but it is now taking me longer and longer because I have been picking up projects like cat hair on black pants.

Currently underway:

Spinning: in preparation for a spinning class I'm co-teaching this fall, I am trying to locate several spinning wheels for participants while also boning up on the woolen draft. As a worsted drafter, this is causing stress.

Dying: I am now waiting for more plants I've planted to bloom so that more colors are possible. One can't speed nature!

Weaving: I am working on my first non-experimental project on my Cricket rigid heddle loom.


















Sewing: I have three - maybe four quilts underway, while I take a break from garment construction. Two baby quilts, a transport themed quilt for Everett and a Dr. Seuss Grinch quilt for the holidays.




Knitting: I'm finishing up the entrelac neck wrap in yellow and working on the Saint's Vest.


No comments: